Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Message

A truly Blessed and holy Easter to you all. Christ is Risen Alleluia!

It has been wonderful to know your support and care in this strange times. Fr Richard and I would like to thank you for your kindness and prayerful support. It means a lot to us. I offered Mass this Easter Morning for you all.

It is only during these last few days that I have begun to hear of the spread of the virus among people I know. There have been a few cases in my old parish. Thankfully all are recovering. However in our own parish in Leyburn, parishioners have lost a sister in Middlesbrough and won't be able to go to the burial. Another parishioner has a son in Harrogate who has the virus. So our prayers are needed.

I have felt the great leadership of Pope Francis during these days. His words of comfort to all the afflicted and affected. The Risen Christ is the Crucified Christ, They are the same person. He knows the pain of the World he has not abandoned us.

It is our faith in the Risen Christ who still bears the wounds of his passion which gives me hope. Though we are not together in the church we are together in our Faith, our hope and in our prayerful support to each other.

Happy Easter
Canon Michael & Fr Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment