Sunday, May 24, 2020

7th Sunday of Eastertide

The holy season of Easter is almost over. Everyday an empty church! The beautiful month of May an empty church.
What is God saying to us?
Well of course there is a personal answer each of us can give, for myself strange to say I have become more aware of the world around me. I am sure I am not alone in this, though I may not express myself very well. Silence, isolation and Lockdown can make one more aware of sound, society and the needs of others.
Prayer becomes more important, conversation with God more important. an appreciation of time, there is no need to rush. All of these things have come to mind.

Today in the readings of the Mass there is a sense that something is going to happen.  Surely we too are being prepared for something great.
May we all respond to the graces that are ours and to be aware of what God is going to call us to do when lockdown comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment