Monday, June 29, 2020

Mass intentions Canon Michael

Sunday 28th People of the Parish, Monday 29th Leyburn parish in honour of Sts. Peter & Paul,
Tuesday 30th Agnes Teresa Farrar, Wednesday 1st July Mary McNelis, Thursday 2nd July Lawrence Peiris, Friday 3rd July Eileen Loughlin, Saturday July 4th Canon Garvan O'Hara.

Recently deceased: Mary McNelis, Lawrence Peiris
Anniversaries: Eileen Loughlin, Canon Garvan O'Hara, Fr. Patrick O'Hara

Harold Murphy R.I.P.
Last week we laid to rest Mr Harold Murphy. He had been for many years under the care of the Brothers of St John Of God both at Potters Bar and in Scorton. Sadly his elderly sister over in Limerick was unable to attend the funeral, however, it was lovely to see so many carers and residents of the Care home in attendance in the cemetery. It seemed so very fitting that Harold who had been looked after by the brothers should have been buried in their special cemetery. He was buried next to Brother Felix whom I remembered from his time in Hemlington. I also saw Brother Casimir's grave and Fr.Wilfrid's and Fr John Joe Ryan's grave all of whom I met over my time in the diocese.
So at first I thought Harold's funeral would be a sad occasion with just myself and the funeral director being present in fact Harold was surrounded by friends in this world and the next.
May he rest in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment