Thursday, May 21, 2020

Parish news: First Communion/planning for church reopening

We have received a document called "planning for opening of churches in the Diocese of Middlesbrough". That sounds very encouraging, although no date has been given for this to happen as yet.

I am very conscious of the children who are preparing for their First Confessions and First Holy Communion. Pope Francis himself prayed for them on Sunday as he was aware that there are lots of children missing out as May is a traditional time for children receiving these sacraments. God willing, I hope the churches will be open in September and I was thinking - perhaps the last Sunday in September, the 9.30am Mass at Richmond, would be a good day to do it. I will be writing to all the parents shortly.

Canon Michael

1 comment:

  1. I hope, and indeed pray, the church is open before then. Surely if pubs are opening 4th July, churches should fo as well?

    ReplyDelete